My name is Adrian Tanase — also known as Tase — and this is my personal web site, where I write short essays about things that interest me: programming, the web, making stuff, working with other human beings :-).
My main goal with this site and blog is to share my experience of learning new things every day, hoping that this will inspire others to do the same.
In my opinion, there is such an abundance of knowledge freely available today, that we have no excuse to not try to better ourselves, spend time with our hobbies, tinkering, making, inventing things and having a ton of fun while doing it!
I am a software engineer living in Bucharest, Romania – where I am lucky enough to do what I love, every single day: I build software that’s used by millions, working together with other incredibly talented people from Adobe.
Outside of my main job I’ve recently started to play with Arduino, 3D printing and other open-source hardware. For someone like me that’s very driven by tangible results, seeing these small projects come to life brings huge satisfaction!
- I’ve been an Engineering manager for 5 out of the 8 years I’ve spent at Adobe — really loved it but finally realized that I love building stuff more than the everyday joys of management
- I also love photography, music, reading, traveling, good food and a good drink…
- I graduated as a computer science major from the Polytechnic University of Bucharest
- Before joining Adobe I co-owned a small web-design shop together with Radu – this is where I learnt the most about the web and customer focus
- This blog was previously written in Romanian – I’ve restarted it in English as I plan to cover broader topics that can benefit anyone that reads it